What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or fill out a form.
When ordering, registering on our site, or updating your personal profile or firm listing, you may be asked to send us personal information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Selected Independent Funeral Homes (Selected) may use the information collected from you in any of the following ways:
- To better serve you through by allowing us to personalize our member records and target our mailing lists.
- Where applicable, Selected may use information provided to report continuing education information as required by licensing authorities. This use may result in sharing of information provided to Selected through this site with licensing authorities. By utilizing this site, you authorize Selected to make any necessary disclosures to such licensing authorities.
- Selected will use the email address you provide with your order to provide confirmations, respond to requests for information, customer satisfaction surveys, and otherwise communicate with you regarding your order. We may also use it to inform you about other Selected products, programs, events, and information. You may “opt out” of such communications by contacting Selected Headquarters with your request.
- We may send information about Selected programs, surveys, products and other information to your mailing address if you provide one, even if the primary reason you provided your address was not primarily for this purpose. You may "opt out" of such communications by contacting Selected Headquarters with your request.
- We may use information you submit to send you targeted marketing about Selected programs, surveys, products and other information that may be of specific interest to you and your firm. Again, you may "opt out" of communications by contacted Selected Headquarters with your request.
- We may provide information you submit to Selected's "Preferred Partners" to provide you with information regarding their offerings.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you fill out a form or place an order.
Our Conceirge Marketplace offers the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you. We require such third parties to agree to keep your personal information confidential. We may release personal information to our "Preferred Partners" so that they can contact you with information about their offerings. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into the Members section of the website, clicking "My Personal Profile" and selecting "Update Your Profile" from the "Edit" menu.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
EU Citizens/General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR. If you are an EU citizen, any personal information we collect is either by consent or through a legitimate interest.
This policy was last modified on May 8, 2018.
In the event your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may contact us using the information below to correct it. Corrections will be made within one month.
In the event that you would like to remove your personal information from Selected's database or restrict its use, you may request this by contacting us using the information below. We will remove or restrict use of your personal information within one month.
If you object to Selected's use of personal information, please notify us using the information below, including your grounds for objection. If valid, we will cease using your personal information immediately.
500 Lake Cook Road, Suite 205
Deerfield, IL 60015, USA